Access to Maphelane, Isimangaliso Wetland Park
This KwaZulu-Natal nature reserve in iSimangaliso Wetland Park is located on the southern bank of the Mfolozi River estuary. The nearest town is Mtubatuba.
Maphelane is the most southerly camp in iSimangaliso Wetland Park. This Kwazulu-Natal nature reserve is about 250km north of Durban. Fishing and camping enthusiasts will find a tranquil forested setting at the edge of the Mfolozi river mouth.
Directions to Maphelane, iSimangaliso Wetland Park, KwaZulu-Natal
Traffic on the road to Maphelane is restricted to the following:
- High clearance vehicles
- Vehicles not exceeding 1 ton
- Boats not exceeding 5.79 metres (19 feet)
- Single axle caravans and only if towed by a 4x4 vehicle
- The road is narrow and very sandy in places and not recommended for cars with low road clearance
- Maphelane is 50km (31 miles) off the Empangeni-Mtubatuba Road and opposite the Kwambonambi turn off
Rates / Prices
Enquiries / Questions