Attractions at Maphelane
Enjoy the tranquillity of Maphelane where you can go musseling and crayfishing or ski-boat and surf fishing. There is also a walking trail in this KwaZulu-Natal nature reserve.
You can spend time pottering around the rock pools and ledges or even go swimming at low tide at Maphelane. Spot birdlife and maybe even Red Duiker in the riverine forest of this KwaZulu-Natal nature reserve.
- Ski-boat and surf fishing
- Swimming in the sea at low tide (at own risk)
- Musseling and crayfishing
- Umphafa Walking Trail
- Bird watching – at least 200 species recorded here
- Boating on the river (not suitable for swimming or wading due to Crocodiles)
Rates / Prices
Enquiries / Questions